Indivisible North Boulder
Indivisible North Boulder was formed in the aftermath of the 2016 election of Donald Trump. We were inspired by national publication of “Indivisible: A Practical Guide For Resisting the Trump Agenda.” Like other resistance groups, our purpose is to oppose the Trump reactionary agenda. We started as a neighborhood group in the Wonderland Hills area of Boulder Colorado and we have expanded as folks from surrounding neighborhoods joined.
North Boulder holds informal coffee discussions and planning sessions every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m at 1650 Yellow Pine Avenue, Boulder, 80304. A work session to write post cards and make phone calls follows at the same location at 9:30 a.m.
Monthly general meetings including guests and discussions and takes place on Saturday afternoons from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Wild Sage Commons Room, 1650 Zamia Ave. The date of each month is distributed to Indivisible North Boulder members electronically. These meetings tend to be held on or near the 3rdSaturday of each month.
Want to join Indivisible North Boulder? Come to our Wednesday morning coffee gathering or send an email to IndivisibleNorthBoulder@gmail.com.
At monthly general meetings we have presentations, guest speakers, and discussions. At Wednesday morning coffee gatherings we discuss current issues to develop plans of action. After the Wednesday morning discussions we hold sessions in which members can write post cards or make phone calls to elected representatives. Each week we circulate background information for use in writing to elected representatives. We coordinate with other resistance groups in the area. We maintain a calendar of upcoming political events and we circulate links to articles and other materials of interest.
Ask about our Wednesday morning meetings, our monthly Saturday afternoon meetings and upcoming events.
Contact us at Indivisiblenorthboulder@gmail.com.
Our Approach to Political Action:
- We urge members to engage in two actions a week. An action might include calling or writing to an elected official, attending a demonstration or doing anything else that a member believes will advance our cause
- Our meetings start on time, end on time and always have agendas
- We are committed to long term activism – extending beyond 2018 & 2020
- We don’t bombard members with email solicitations for money
- We believe that personal interactions and lasting friendships are cornerstones of effective and sustained political engagement. We use electronic tools to communicate but we also believe that face to face interactions are essential.
Our steering committee coordinates logistics. Beyond that, we encourage all of our members and friends to be creative in their resistance activities and approaches.
Links to Sister Organizations:
Contact us for more information